PRODUCT MARKETING – Cloud
Hyland, creator of OnBase
January 2016 – Present
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
May 2015 – January 2016
- Transitioned from North American Marketing to serve the Product Marketing team supporting Oracle’s Customer Experience (CX) Service Cloud.
- Develop and drive implementation of marketing strategies and sales enablement for CX Service Cloud and assigned products / vertical industries.
- Create highly-targeted, sophisticated, effective content including: slide presentations; data sheets; white papers; case studies; web content; blog
posts; video scripts; webcasts; social posts, battle cards; pitch guides; customer success stories; emails.
- Own assigned vertical industries by proactively developing expertise and continuously reviewing, improving, and updating portfolio of content.
November 2014 – May 2015
- Transitioned from TOA Technologies acquisition to serve on a campaign team supporting CX Service Cloud as part of North America Marketing.
- Planned, developed, executed, and managed multi-touch marketing campaigns, especially promoting field service management solution.
- Generated highly focused content for emails, white papers, landing pages, nurture campaigns, slide presentations, QRS, and other materials.
- Supported OD and BDC sales with lead generation and nurturing, pipeline development, webcasts, and events.
- Partnered with internal teams including Product Marketing, Product Management, Shared Services, Web, SEM, and more.
- Leveraged Oracle systems to create targeted contact lists, submit emails, and compile metrics reporting, using GMSS, Eloqua, Sales Central and BI.
- Helped the marketing integration of TOA into Oracle, including web content, collateral materials, and internal and external-facing resources.
February 2014 – November 2014
- Managed the redesign of corporate web site, coordinating design, development, content marketing, search, localization, and translation.
- Maintained existing corporate website. Updated and refreshed content, images, promotional banners, and blog posts.
- Created, edited, revised and optimized on-page content and other elements to support marketing efforts and conversion objectives. Continuously
kept web content fresh, up-to-date, and accurate.
- Facilitated internal collaborations and external vendor partnering, including translation services, project management software and design /
development services. Provided creative direction, responded to organization requests, offered web support, served on marketing leadership team.
- Provided support for marketing initiatives, including organic and paid search, email campaigns, social media, and more.
- Worked with tools including Google Analytics and HubSpot to monitor, measure, and report on efficacy of web presence and campaign success.
- Provided instruction and feedback on best practices related to web communication, effective web writing, and lead generation focused blogging.
- Led translation initiative: vetted, selected, on-boarded vendor, and managed relationship, budgeting, and billing.
- Facilitated translations of all web content, mobile content, sales materials, press releases, articles, and more into several targeted languages.
SENIOR CONTENT SPECIALIST
September 2013 – February 2014
- Served as part of a developing content practice.
- Produced highly-targeted content for a variety of distribution platforms and mediums, including web content, print collateral, video scripts, articles,
media opportunities, blog posts, sell sheets, informational brochures, handouts, and newsletters.
- Delivered written communication of the highest-possible caliber that advanced marketing goals, including sales support, brand awareness,
education, and thought leadership.
- Collaborated with other internal practices including Product Marketing, Channels and Alliances, Sales, Design, PR, Demand Generation.
- Helped plan, schedule, and allocate content resources; helped locate content to strategically repurpose from content warehouse
- Assisted with corporate website redesign in a project management capacity in addition to providing content and usability tactics.
FREELANCE WEB WRITER & CONTENT STRATEGIST
2007 – Present
- Provide high-quality content strategy, content development and creation, editing, and social media services to clients across several verticals.
- Write sharply focused, SEO-rich content for websites and social properties that fosters engagement, generates conversions, and accomplishes goals.
- Edit, proofread, enhance, and optimize content, employing up-to-date best practices in web formatting, style, tone, and presentation.
- Perform content audits, inventories, assessments; develop and execute content strategies, content marketing campaigns, and social media plans.
- Create messaging hierarchy plans, keyword research and recommendations, metadata plans, site maps, navigation structures, usability schemas.
- Provide writing, editing, PR, media relations, and journalism services that help clients achieve their goals in print, radio, TV, and other channels.
- Clients have included Behr; United Autoworkers Magazine; The Trust for Public Land
January 2012 – July 2013
- Served as part of the Web Marketing team at Aztek, a web development, design, and marketing firm.
- Developed, implemented, and grew a new comprehensive program of Content Marketing services.
- Managed the Content Services offerings including: content strategy, audits and analyses, development, editing and revision, optimization, blogging.
- Managed the Aztek blog, including content strategy, planning, and editorial calendars; editing; writing; training staff; facilitating promotion.
- Assisted in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) initiatives including keyword research and the development and optimization of keyword-rich text.
- Provided clients with well-written, effective, and engaging web content that supported branding initiatives and helped achieve project objectives.
- Worked with numerous clients on a variety of projects: website redesigns; web marketing, content marketing, and search engine marketing campaigns; blogging; social media campaigns; case study development; assessments; and more—with proven results and high ROI.
- Educated clients and colleagues on burgeoning trends in web and content marketing and up-to-date best practices.
WEB CONTENT CREATOR
S.G.T. Inc. at NASA’s Glenn Research Center — Cleveland, OH
August 2009 – December 2011
- Created feature stories for the NASA website: researched, pitched, interviewed, reported, wrote, fact-checked, published.
- Created and edited other content as needed for the website and related marketing collateral materials; posted content to website through CMS.
- Coordinated photos, video, interactive web applications, and other multimedia elements and experiences for the website.
- Launched and managed social media for NASA Glenn (attracted 1,500 + Twitter followers and 1,100+ Facebook fans in first year).
- Advised on social media and networking strategies, AP style, editorial standards and initiatives, and web best practices.
MEDIA RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
The Cleveland Institute of Art — Cleveland, OH
June 2008 – August 2009
- Managed communications with the media: generated press releases, identified recipients and targeted pitches, facilitated follow-up.
- Achieved successful placement of CIA stories in local and national media, from The Plain Dealer and 90.3 WCPN to Real Simple and Vanity Fair.
- Co-Founded and managed the CIA Blog; created, edited blog content; attracted 10,000 unique visitors to the blog in first year.
- Created content for CIA website; managed online pressroom and calendars through CMS; developed and executed social networking strategies.
- Facilitated video podcasts, email blasts, direct mail campaigns, promotional materials, special events, and media buying.
Cleveland Scene — Cleveland, OH
January 2008 – June 2008
- Served as liaison between Editorial Department and all other departments, Village Voice Media Corporate Offices, and general public.
- Contributed to the Scene blog; developed and wrote a weekly blog feature, ‘$13 Dining’; promoted online content to other web-based media
- Maintained the online dining guide; managed corporate databases and archives, freelance pay, and all editorial records.
Cleveland Magazine — Cleveland, OH
August 2006 – January 2008
- Researched, interviewed, reported articles for City Life, Arts and Entertainment, A La Carte, the feature well, cover packages and special sections (including supplemental publications Home Décor and Elegant Wedding), Agenda, and the Cleveland Magazine website.
- Executed listings for cover packages and assigned special sections; managed public inquiries; mentored interns; fact-checked articles.
Experience with various CMS and blogging platforms, including WordPress and BlogEngine.net | Proficient in use of many web marketing tools, including Google Analytics and other applications for keyword research, ranking assessment, metrics and reporting, and social media | Competence in basic HTML | Understanding of fundamentals of web development and design and their synergy with web marketing | Professional public speaking, theater, and improvisation training and experience | Versed in AP Style | Basic graphic design skills | Capable on PC/Mac platforms, Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and related programs | Experience with tracking and research services including Cision and Lexis-Nexis | Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
M.A., Magazine, Newspaper and On-line Journalism — June 2006
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University — Syracuse, NY
B.A., Communication, Writing Specialization — May 2005
Loyola College in Maryland — Baltimore, MD
Cleveland Plus Social Media Advisory Committee
2010 – present
Loyola University in Maryland Alumni Association, Cleveland chapter
2010 – present (Board Member)
Northeast Ohio Usability Professionals Organization
2009 – 2011
Content Marketing World, Content Marketing Institute—Cleveland, OH
Social Media Training and SEO Education, Online Marketing — Cleveland, OH
Communications School, National Association of Government Communicators — Bethesda, MD
Usability Week 2010 Conference, Nielsen/Norman Group — New York, NY
CAST MEMBER, MARKETING DIRECTOR
Something Dada Improvisational Comedy Company — Cleveland, OH
2007 – 2011
- Performed improvisational comedy at weekly shows and private, corporate, or fundraising performances.
- Coordinated marketing, promotions, event planning, fund-raising, donation solicitations, booking, group ticket sales.
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
The Cagli Project — Cagli, Italy
- Wrote feature article, designed web page, produced photographs and video for multimedia web documentary.
Huntington Elementary School — Syracuse, NY
2005 – 2006
- Designed program, assembled team, developed curriculum; taught 20 sixth grade students how to create a newspaper.